The Guernsey Investment Fund Association (GIFA) was established in 1989 as a trade association to represent the Island’s growing fund management industry.
Our membership spans the whole spectrum of the Island’s investment community, including fund managers, administrators, custodians, non- executive directors as well as professional firms such as lawyers and accountants who are closely involved in the work of the investment business industry.
Objectives of GIFA
- To ensure that the Guernsey fund industry is best positioned to retain existing business and to grow the fund sector in Guernsey by availing itself of opportunities when they arise and working with Members and other internal and external interested parties to maintain and improve Guernsey’s position as a leading fund jurisdiction.
- To maintain and build on Guernsey’s international reputation.
- To maintain and expand Guernsey’s depth of expertise.
- To strive to be at the forefront of fund innovation and evolution.
- To develop the GIFA brand to raise awareness and increase industry participation in the Association.
- To ensure GIFA takes all necessary steps to remain the recognised voice of the funds industry in Guernsey.
- To strive for efficient and effective communication to Members and other internal and external interested parties as appropriate through the GIFA website, the quarterly newsletter, GIFA Executive and sub – committees and Guernsey Finance.
GIFA’s principal objective is to protect and enhance the collective interests of its members. This means working closely with the Island’s government and regulators to ensure that fund businesses are able to develop and introduce new products and services to meet the increasingly sophisticated needs of the international investor. It also means striving to maintain the Island’s reputation as a safe and well regulated offshore centre with a strong commitment to investor protection.
GIFA recognises that the provision of high quality, professional services and advice must be supported by a structured programme of training and professional development, which is relevant to the Island’s position as an international financial centre. In conjunction with the Island’s educational authorities and professional institutes GIFA supports and promotes a wide range of ongoing courses for individuals, many of which lead to the attainment of a professional qualification.
A vital element of GIFA’s work is the promotion of the Island and its investment industry to the international investment community. GIFA is a member of the Guernsey International Business Association (GIBA) and works closely with government and other private sector organisations to raise awareness of the attractions of the Island as a centre in which to locate international mutual fund and investment management operations. Further information in this regard may be obtained by contacting any Executive Committee member.
Whether you are an international investor looking for a home for your savings, or an established mutual fund or investment manager seeking a reputable offshore centre for your international activities, we hope that the information and contacts available through the GIFA Website will help you find the answers to your questions.